If you are a photographer who has been looking for an easy way to plan shot lists with clients, you have stumbled upon the right article! The solution to your planning problems? Miilu — the simplest way to manage your shot lists! Miilu allows the one behind the camera to coordinate and collaborate with the ones in front of the camera in a revolutionary, yet simple way! Check out this step-by-step guide on how you can organize shot lists with your couple smoothly.
1. After you download the Miilu app, you will want to create the event for your couple’s big day! While on the Miilu home screen, click on Create Event. Then, fill out the info for your client’s affair.
2. Then, you will want to use Miilu’s Collaboration feature to invite your clients to be a part of the event. The cost for a client downloading the app for your event? Absolutely nothing. They can simply be a part! To invite a client to your event, just click on the Collab feature, select the Clients tab and hit “Add Client.”
3. In the meantime, while you wait for them to accept the invite, go ahead and create the shot list in Miilu. Just click on the event, select Shot List and then you can either:
• Create a shot list from scratch, using the Add Shot/Segment button
• Use one of Miilu’s many pre-existing, yet customizable templates
• Use a template you created for yourself previously
4. After the shot list has been created, and your client is now part of the event, they have viewing access to the entirety of the shot list. As the event creator, you choose whether or not to give them permission to edit the shot lists/timelines of their event.
5. If you choose to give permission, then they have the ability to go in and make notes on the shots you have created! For example, the bride could specify if she wants a certain angle on a shot. Every time a note is made on a shot, a notepad icon will appear on the shot itself, along with an “Updated” label. This ensures nothing is missed regarding communication between yourself and the client! (Oh, and notifications are sent out when these updates are made, as well. You will never face a bride coming to you after a wedding complaining about a shot missed with this kind of system again!)
6. Speaking of labels…let’s say the bride realizes she wants a picture of herself kissing her dad on the cheek (sweet, we know!) but realizes it’s not listed on the shot list. She can add the shot, and a cute little “Added” label will appear on the shot. You will also receive a notification! (It should be noted that the labels are not permanent; they stay on the shot until the shot is viewed once).
7. If you aren’t as comfortable letting your client make updates and additions to the shot list themselves, they can use the Messenger feature instead! You and your client can communicate through Miilu messages, keeping all communication through one central channel (no more keeping track of emails, texts and verbal messages!) The client can still view the shot list and make suggestions through Messenger, but you can weigh their requests and talk through them before the changes are made!
At the end of the day, we all want planning systems in place that will save us time, so we can focus on the important aspects of photography — such as building relationships with our clients and creating memories that will last a lifetime! How has using Miilu to plan shot lists with clients enabled you to spend more time doing what you love? Let us know in the comments below!